Trading Standards Lawyers
We have the expertise to advise you through every stage of a Trading Standards Investigation or a Trading Standard Prosecution across the country including:
- Interviews under caution and PACE interviews
- Summons to court
- Representation at the Magistrates’ Court and Crown Court
- Appeals to the Magistrates’ Court and Crown Court
It is vital that you contact us as soon as you receive an initial complaint letter so we can help you manage the process way before you are called in for a PACE interview.
Trading Standards Law cover the following:
- Consumer Protection from Unfair Trading
- Trade descriptions
- Trademarks and copyright infringement
- Misleading prices and advertising
- Manufacturers, importers, wholesalers, and suppliers’ liabilities
- Supply chain problems
- Consumer credit and contract terms
- Product safety
- Product recalls
- Animal welfare
- Ages restricted sales
- Food and risks to public health- Food Safety & Food Hygiene
- Action under the Enterprise Act 2002
- Closure Notices and Closure Orders
After 30 years of trading as a Mini-Supermarket, I inherited the business from my father, we faced a breach of trading standards regulations. I did not realise how serious these breaches were as I kept putting the papers sent from the Council to one side until almost 2 days to the Court date, I went in a panic, had no clue where to start.
As soon as I contacted Maureen at Reen Anderson Solicitors, I knew I was in good hands, she guided me throughout the process. I am so grateful for her help and support.
Mr. Tagoe-Bannerman – Director
Mini-supermarket – London
Health and safety lawyers
Health and Safety is a complex topic and is an issue that affects all businesses from sole traders to multi-national companies. There are numerous categories within health and safety itself, including general health and safety duties, construction management, corporate manslaughter and homicide, gross negligence, working at height, gas safety, fire safety, and many other areas.
If a breach of health and safety laws occur there can be large fines imposed for what you may perceive as a minor offence. It is therefore vital for all businesses to contact well-experienced and knowledgeable health and safety solicitors if a case against their company ever arose.
Call us on 0207 859 4451.
I would like to thank Reen Anderson Solicitors for their representation of myself and my company in a Health and Safety Prosecution matter against me and my company.
As a result of their representation and advice, we received a much lower fine than we were expecting in Court. We also received very good advice and some recommendations from them to make sure we do not make the same mistake again, as a small business we cannot afford to waste money paying for court cases if we can at all avoid it. I would definitely recommend them; they really do care about you and your business.”
Mr. R Peterson – Director
Construction Company – Nottingham
Who Are Trading Standards?
Trading Standards departments are teams of specially trained officers from your Local Authority dedicated to overseeing and enforcing the complex laws and regulations governing the interaction between businesses and consumers.
Some of the powers available to a Trading Standards officer:
- Investigate alleged criminal offences using many of the same powers as the police
- Prosecute individuals and businesses in the criminal courts
- Demand the production of documentation
- Make test purchases to gather evidence against you
- The power to seize and detain goods and documentation
- The power to enter your premises with or without a warrant
- The power to inspect and test products
- To prohibit placing items on the market
We have the expertise to advise and represent you through every stage of a Trading Standards Investigation or Prosecution across the country. Some of our lawyers are former prosecutors and therefore, have the experience of representing the Local Authorities, therefore, we can utilize that experience in our advice to you. We understand the impact that an investigation or prosecution can have on you and your business. We will support you throughout the entire process, explain the outcomes and fight on your behalf.