HMO Landlords Law
If you are an HMO Landlord or a Letting/Property managing Agent managing HMO properties, you probably feel a bit overwhelmed with the multiple new laws and regulations that came into force the in the last few years and more to come in the next few months– from changes to the regulations on HMO Licences, to the tenant fees ban, to the client money protection scheme, to new standards on space and electricity.
Specialist Legal Advice is key in this area of Law, that is where we come in. Some of our Lawyers have worked as Prosecution Lawyers for Councils, therefore, have the ability to advice clients not just from a defence lawyer point of view, but also from a prosecution point of view, giving clients a well-balanced and specialist legal advice.
Breach of any of the housing regulations could result in a fine from the Authorities as high as £30,000 or Unlimited fine in Prosecution before the Courts and adverse media attention causing reputational damage to you as an HMO landlord.
A lot of Local Authorities in London now have a register for non-compliant landlords, hence savvy tenants avoid those landlords, and other Councils in the rest of the UK are following suit.
In order to protect your profits from your commercial investments and your reputation, we encourage HMO Landlords and letting agents to seek preventative legal advice and certainly should they receive any correspondence from the Council, seek immediate and early legal intervention.
We will advise HMO Landlords and/or collaborate with your planning consultants or Architect in regard to Planning applications to extend properties for HMO purposes as well as representation in breach of planning regulations brought by the Council against Landlords.
At Reen Anderson Solicitors we specialise in the following:
• Advice and assistance with application for Housing of Multiple Occupation (HMO) Licence
• Direct liaison with the Local Authorities on your behalf
• Defend you for any Prosecution by the Council for breach of housing law and regulations
• We also provide trainings and seminars to update our Landlords and letting agent clients on changes on the law affecting them, thereby freeing them up to focus on building their property portfolio and businesses.
• Advice and assistance with the Eviction process and attendance at Court for possession proceedings
• Representations of Landlords and Letting Agents at the First Tier Tribunals dealing with various housing issues.
We offer Free initial telephone consultation to HMO Landlords and Letting Agents or property managers for these types of properties to ascertain how we can help them.
Please feel free to contact us on 0207 859 4451for a free 20 minute consultation.