Property Licences

Most rental properties in the UK, now require a form of property licence, there are 3 different types of property licence:

  • Mandatory licence
  • Additional Licence
  • Selective licence.

It is prudent to check which one is applicable to your property and the area where your rental property is located.

In some areas, in addition for the requirement for an HMO Licence, you may also require Planning Permission from the Local Authority, there are Article 4 areas, ensure you get legal advice to ascertain what you need prior to incurring the financial expense of carrying out extensive building works to your rental property as if the planning legislation is breached, the Local Authority could issue you with an enforcement notice for breach of Planning regulations and should you fail to comply with the notice, prosecute you for the offence.

Unsure which property licence you need? – Call us on 0207 859 4451 or email us at:

Want to find out how we can help you?


Please call 0207 859 4451

to arrange a mutually convenient time for an initial chat,

email us or complete a Free Online Enquiry.